WEE Pros was founded by experts having more than 30 years of combined experience in water management and environment. Their paths came across after joining the Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) master program for Arab & German Young Professionals in 2008. The founders are strongly linked to the water and environment sector in Germany and the MENA region. We believe in knowledge exchange and technology transfer in multicultural contexts to solve the vicious problems hindering the principles of sustainable development. The WEE Pros pool of specialists and sustainability experts is streamlined through recruitment of the German-Arab Master Programs (GAMP) alumni
Mustafa Nasereddin managed the following projects at ACWUA from year 2010-2016:
• Horizon 2020 Capacity Building funded by EU
• Empowering regional Civil Society Networks to take an active role in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) in the Southern Mediterranean Region (Entire Project) funded by EU
• Sustainable Water Integrated Management (SWIM) project funded by EU
• Developing and Expanding Certification to cover Business Management and Operational Excellence (DECOE) funded by USAID
• Improving Water and Sanitation Services in the MENA Region (IWSMR) funded by USAID
• Developing diagnosis and strategies to reduce Non-Revenue Water in the MENA Region (FABRI Project) funded by USAID
• Supporting ACWUA Technical Working Groups (Utility Management and Utility Reform) funded by Sida
• ACWUA WANT Project funded by GIZ
• MENA WANT Project funded by GIZ
• Water Integrity in Maghreb and Near East Project funded by GIZ
• Benchmarking water services in Jordan program funded by EBRD
• Improving Regulatory Framework for Standards of Wastewater Discharge in Jordan program funded by EBRD
Also, Mustafa led the Scientific Committees and played as a Team Leader in organizing the following conferences:
• 1st Arab Water Week (Cost Recover at Water & Wastewater Utilities in the Arab Region), Amman, Jordan, 2010
• 4th ACWUA Best Practices Conference (Water and Wastewater Utilities Reform in the Arab Region: Changes and Challenges), Sharm Al Sheikh, Egypt, 2011
• 5th ACWUA Best Practices Conference (Utilities Perspective on Water Resources Management in the Arab Region) Muscat, Sultanate of Oman, 2012
• 2nd Arab Water Week (New Prospects and Challenges for the Water Sector in the Arab Region), Amman, Jordan 2013
• 6th ACWUA Best Practices Conference (Standardization & Certification in Managing Water Utilities in the Arab Region), Algiers, Algeria, 2014
• 3rd Arab Water Week (Innovations & Sustainable Solutions for the Water Sector in the Arab Region), Dead Sea, Jordan, 2015
Before joining ACWUA, Mustafa worked at the instituting water demand management in Jordan Project “IDARA” as water demand management specialist, where he worked on developing a new standardized water and sanitation plumbing code for Jordan, developing a Master Plumber certification and training program and developing Best Management Practices guides for efficient water use at High-Rise and High Density Areas in Jordan. Mustafa is a member of the Water Efficiency (WE) technical committee at the Jordanian Green Building Council (JGBC).
He worked with ECO Consult on many projects related to sustainable development and environmental management, EIA‘s, solid waste management, water demand management, institutional reform and municipal development. During his working experience, Mustafa was engaged in many projects and assignments with the Jordanian Ministry of Water and Irrigation, Ministry of Environment, Ministry of Planning and International Cooperation and the Ministry of Municipal Affairs through collaborating with a wide range of funding agencies. Before joining ECO Consult, Mustafa worked as a program officer in USAID-WEPIA project specialized in water conservation. He was IWRM MSc-DAAD alumni representative from 2008-2011.
Mr. Matar is a Certified Water Utility Manager from Center of Accreditation and Quality Assurance, Ministry of Labour in Jordan and he is also certified water training manger and trainer by the German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA).
Through his previous work, he worked on several capacity building and technical assistance projects for water utilities on topics related to improvement of water and energy efficiency and capacity building in MENA Region. He also managed several PSP and PPP projects in Jordan for improving energy efficiency of water utilities and sludge management. He was the Chief Executive Officer of Engicon O&M the Manager of Engicon O&M/DWA Regional Water training Program which is implemented by Engicon O&M in association with German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA). Mr. Matar delivered several regional training courses including Utility Management, O&M of WWTPs, training Needs Assessment, Training of Trainers, and other technical topics.
He has also a solid experience in business planning, capacity building, wastewater treatment and reuse, project management and business development.
In her research and work, she has concentrated on climate change adaptation methods, processes and activities of participation, hydrologic modelling, as well as the interactions between land/soil and water. Claudia has strong project management skills, both as leader and team member, and worked for national and international projects in different fields, such as urban water, regional development, capacity development and continuing education.
In addition to her technical background, Claudia has a broad experience within marketing and communication, including strong networking, digital marketing and presentation skills.
Her international experiences include projects in Jordan, Tunisia, Vietnam, Peru, North America and Germany
In 2012, Anas was nominated to attend the International Leadership Training (ILT) “managing development in the water sector“ for the year 2012- 2013 organized and implemented by the German Agency for International Cooperation (GIZ) in cooperation with the Arab Countries Water Utilities Association (ACWUA). This training added to him the knowledge of capacity building and development of water utilities in the MENA region. In addition the training program foucused on inhancing the managerial skills of the participants, hence special field visits have been arranged during the training program to the following utilities:
• Wastewater treatment plant Rosental, Leipzig
• Water works and biological farm “Wassergut Canitz”
• VAG Mannheim with focus on pressure management
• Water supply asscociation of communes, Stadt Offenbach (lweckverband Wasserversorgung, Stadt und Kreis Offenbach)
• Wahnbach-Talsperre (water supply reservoir and water treatment plant)
• Federal Institute for Vocational Education and Training (BiBB)
• Grey water recycling in urban areas, Berlin
• Water integrity network, Berlin
• Federal Environment Agency (UBA) Soils and groundwater research site, Marienfelde, Berlin
Throughut several internships at GIZ headoffice and the German Association for Water, Wastewater and Waste (DWA), Anas has had good experince in moderating and facilitating training programs. Furthermore, he attended several seminars and trade fair during the training program:
• IFAT 2012, Munich- Germany.
• International seminar of VAG valves and valve technology. Mannheim, Nov 2012
• Introduction into the German water sector – DWA, Dec 2012.
• Outcome Oriented Monitoring and Evaluation (MB06) GIZ, Bad Honnef Feb 2013.
• Managing for Development Results (MFDR 04) GIZ, Bad Honnef Feb 2013.
Furthermore, Anas participated in several E-learning courses organized by GIZ and ACWUA: Organizational development in the water sector (OD), Advanced course on organizational development in the water sector (OD+), Managing Non-Revenue-Water (NRW), Sector governance in urban sanitation (SAN), Leading and managing people and many other training courses.
In 2016, Anas moved to Germany to attended a two-year Master’s Degree in Integrated Water Resources Management (IWRM) from Cologne University for Applied Sciences and Jordan University.
Mrs. Saadoun, a German Iraqi national, holds a Double Master Degree in Integrated Water Resource Management and Bachelor Degree in Environmental Engineering. She has over 3 years of working experience with focus on sewer rehabilitation as well as domestic and industrial wastewater treatment (conventional and unconventional). In this context she engrossed her knowledge in sustainable sanitation incl. scaling up access for the urban poor, as well as managed aquifer recharge using treated wastewater or dam water, climate change adaptation and capacity building.
As a freelancer Mrs. Saadoun expand her knowledge in operation and maintenance management of Lebanon’s water and wastewater establishments within a Marcy Corps project held by WEE Pros. She is currently working for the Münchner Stadtentwässer for urban draining, as a project engineer for sewer rehabilitation incl. sewer renovation (pipe lining) and reparation. The work comprises all project phases, starting from the planning and cost calculation, approval planning, implementation planning, award of contract and construction supervision. Mrs. Saadoun is familiar with the Jordanian, Lebanese and Saudi Arabian WSS sector and whose challenges. She has collaborated with several stakeholders of this sector (ESCWA, ACCWaM, AUB, CDR Lebanon, WEEC-University of Jordan, GIZ, BGR and KfW). Mrs. Saadoun speaks German and English fluently and has a basic knowledge of Arabic.
WEE Pros provides a wide variety of management consulting services in the following sectors:
Successful projects and remarkable milestones are achieved with the support of qualified, motivated and professional experts. WEE Pros invests in human manpower and depends on proficient consultants covering a wide range of expertise starting from local settings and expanding to international level.
Join our pool of experts with your unique experience and value added knowledge. Please download our WEE Pros resume template here and send it back to email@example.com highlighting your main fields of expertise and areas/countries you are willing to work in.
Here’s something you can know about what we are doing around lately.
WEE Pros GmbH in collaboration with JJC sàrl are supporting
The study is conducted for Mercy Corps-Lebanon and providing the
For any questions or inquiries please contact us at:
Water, Energy & Environment Professionals
WEE Pros GmbH